Before school began I shared one of my goals to keep my school blog updated. I prewrote posts that could be used for August and September.
It worked! My school blog is much richer because pre-scheduling the content allowed me to pack the posts full of book suggestions, videos, printables, and web resources. It’s easy then to add a post or two highlighting the instructional highlights that are happening in the library with photos of students and teachers.
I wasn’t sure if posting them to TPT would be worthwhile or not but a few of you used them so I’m going to share October and November as well.
I used one of my favorite tools for these–Book Boxes!!
- Jumpstart for Reading with a post for Otis by Loren Long and the Read for the Record challenge
- Columbus Day with a post featuring biography resources
- Bullying Prevention Month with a post about Wonder and the Choose Kind movement
- Fire Prevention Week includes a post of some interactive fire safety games students can play and also some planning tools for families.
- Monsters includes a list of books kids can read about monsterous-things
- Picture Book Month about the benefits of reading picture books
- World Kindness Day (the same post as Bullying Prevention, but there are two options for the same content if your calendar needs this option)
- National Puzzle and Game Week highlighting I Spy and Hidden Picture books and activities as well as suggested online resources for printable games and how to make your own games.
- Thanksgiving with information about relying on primary sources and direction to the interactive Be the Historian by Plimoth Plantation and a link to the Scholastic Virtual Field Trip of the plantation as well as a selection of Serious and Silly Thanksgiving books we love to read