I created a bulletin board this month based on various celebrations in January. Execution is very simple and could be done for any month of the year.
- Color pictures of book covers
- School Library Monthly
- Holiday Insight
- Library Sparks Magazine (monthly calendar)
- Follett Author Birthdays (and major holidays)
Steps for Book Covers
- Use a calendar page to plan which holidays for which days. I chose to use only weekdays and put in daily celebrations, followed by weekly and then filled in the holes with monthly.
- Create a template to label the month and insert a picture.
- Use the library catalog to find a book suitable for each celebration.
- Crop pictures and insert into the template. I chose to do mine slightly under 8 inches square. You could also print the picture, chop with a paper cutter, and add caption strips.
- Cut squares slightly larger than the printed pictures.
- Label each square with the date the image is to be revealed.
Assemble the Bulletin Board
- Pair the book covers with the correctly dated cover-up page and staple them to your board.
- Take the cover-up page off each day!